Random On Purpose, is the ninth episode of NCIS: Los Angeles. It also marks the second and final appearance of Abigail Sciuto.
When a Naval engineer is murdered, the team struggle to find a motive related to the killing and they soon come to the conclusion that international espionage might be a primary motive. However they get a huge shock when NCIS Forensic Scientist Abby Sciuto arrives in Los Angeles with the belief that the engineer may be the victim of a serial killer known as the Phantom whose M.O is kill his intended target and leave no evidence of any kind behind...
Episode Name OriginEdit
The name "Random on Purpose" refers to the manner in which the Phantom kills, which Abby herself refers to as "random on purpose".
- It's revealed that Hetty has changed the structure of the bullpen by giving it a good cleanout and also assigning the members of the OSP new seats.
- The team meet Abby in person for the first time.
- Eric reveals that he knows sign language and that he's been learning it since he was seven years old.
- It's also revealed that Callen is the head agent of the team.
- This episode also marks the final appearance of Abby Sciuto as she has not been seen or heard from since then. It's presumed that it was the Major Case Response Team feared that she would get kidnapped again so Abby has not returned to Los Angeles since then and it's believed that her appearances were just a one-off and only centered around Season 1.
- When you freeze frame on Abby's letter she's sending, near the end it says "Naval Investigative Criminal Service" (NICS) when it's actually NCIS.
- While interviewing Ted Brock, Callen tells him that he has two outstanding arrest warrants against his name where it's actually three.
|Chris O'Donnell||G. Callen||Special Agent|
|LL Cool J||Sam Hanna||Special Agent|
|Linda Hunt||Henrietta Lange||Operations Manager|
|Peter Cambor||Nate Getz||Operational Psychologist|
|Daniela Ruah||Kensi Blye||Special Agent|
|Adam Jamal Craig||Dominic Vail||Special Agent|
|Barrett Foa||Eric Beale||Tech Operator.|
|Pauley Perrette||Abigail Sciuto||Forensic Scientist, NCIS who arrived in Los Angeles, believing that the latest murder that the OSP were investigating was caused by a serial killer called the Phantom.|
|Rocky Carroll||Leon Vance||Director of NCIS.|
|Tom Smith||Kris Lemche||A receptionist at a law firm and also the Phantom, a serial killer who murdered several different people.|
|Ted Brock||Sean Wing||A sleazy conman who has three outstanding arrest warrants from the LAPD against him.|
|Magda McEllon||Played by Tanya Clarke||Victim's ex-wife.|
|Chief Petty Officer Frank McEllon USN||Played by Adrian Latourelle||Victim.|
|Gretchen Jenkins||Dawn Stern||Lawyer who Callen and Sam interview about Frank McEllon and his wife, Magda.|
|Steampunk Barback||Kinga Philipps|
|Steampunk Bartender||Played by Matt Lasky|
|Female Receptionist||Played by Taja V Simpson|
|Steampunk in Doorway||M.R. Dunlop|
|NCIS: LA Season One|
| ● Legend (Part 1) (NCIS) ● Legend (Part 2) (NCIS) ● Identity ● The Only Easy Day ● Predator ● Search and Destroy ● Killshot ● Keepin' It Real ● Pushback ● Ambush ● Random On Purpose ● Brimstone ● Breach ● Past Lives ● Missing ● LD50 ● The Bank Job ● Chinatown ● Full Throttle ● Blood Brothers ● Hand-to-Hand ● Fame ● Found ● Hunted ● Burned ● Callen, G.
[ Season Two ]